Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Secrets For Great Hair!

I don't care who you are: boy or girl, low or high maintenance, we all care about our hair.  And I think I can speak for us ladies when I say that we go to great lengths to make sure we have beautiful, healthy hair.  Now I tend to be a little impulsive with mine (in the last year I've gone from black to bleach blonde and everywhere in between), but I always make sure that I maintain the integrity of my hair.  Because what good is an amazing color or cut without it being in good condition?  Well, here is how I take care of mine. 



First off, I only wash my hair twice a week.  Every three days to be exact.  Now before I hear echos of "ewwws", it actually can be maintained without looking greasy.  Washing your hair everyday can actually cause more damage than good.  So if you can, try to wash it only a few times a week.  Some people naturally have more of an oily scalp than others so it's understandable if you can't wait three days, but cutting down the washing will help you in the long run.  In between washings I use dry shampoo.  It works wonders!  I just spray it into my roots and the oily look disappears!  I like to use Tresemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo.  You can buy it at any drug store or super market and it costs about five dollars.


So when I do wash my hair, I try to use the best products possible.  Since my hair is dyed brown, I like to use Bumble and Bumble Color Support for warm brunettes.  It helps keep my color vibrant and it's really gentle on my scalp.


If you haven't used any Kerastase products yet, I highly suggest you do!  I've been using their shampoos, conditioners, and masques for years.  I'm particularly hooked on their Ciment Anti-Usure.  It's a great conditioner for dry and damaged hair and it keeps my hair nice and silky :)

 

Are you dependent on your blow dryer?  Maybe you shouldn't be!  While a hair dryer can be convenient, it can also create massive breakage.  I like to wash my hair at night, so I let it air dry before I go to bed.  If I don't have time to let it dry naturally, I'll use the hair dryer only for a minute or two.  I'm a big fan of the curling iron, so I'd rather skip on the blow dryer to curl my hair later.  And if you use a flat iron daily, I'd suggest limiting that tool (if not eliminating it completely).  They operate under intense heat and while they may give you a great sleek finish, they ruin your hair in the long run.  Curling irons aren't much better, but it's a better choice if you have to style your hair.

Lastly, I like to use L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil.  I use one pump of this oil and run it through my hair after I've styled it.  It gives you that extra shine and it smells great!  You can get it on Amazon or any salon that carries L'Oreal products.

Hope this helps you guys!  While I may have my tricks, having a great hair stylist helps too :)  Thank you Matt!

xoxo

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...