Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Makeup Routine

I've been asked many times what my daily makeup routine is and what products it consists of.  Well, today you're going to find out from start to finish!  I tend to like a more natural face and I mostly concentrate on the lashes and the cheeks, but, well, you'll see!

First step to applying makeup is a freshly washed face.  I like to use Fabulous Foaming Face Wash by Bliss.  It has tiny exfoliating beads that do the job without irritating my face.

(image via sephora.com)

Next I'm going to use a nice face lotion with SUNSCREEN.  I can't mention how important using sunscreen is in your daily routine.  Even if you barely see the sun (much like myself) using sunscreen daily on your face and neck will help keep those impending wrinkles at bay.  I like to use Hope In A Jar SPF 25 by Philosophy.  Not only does it have SPF 25, it also helps minimize your current wrinkles.

(image via sephora.com)

Now on to the skin.  My skin tends to be acne prone at times, so if I have a blemish I like to cover it first with Superstay 24 Hour Concealer by Maybelline.  The coverage really lasts all day and one little tube will last me forever!

(image via maybelline.com)

I know that many of you swear by foundation... I do not.  While I have tried many kinds, they all feel way too cakey.  I really enjoy using mineral powder because it leaves you covered with a natural finish (and you can't feel it on your face).  My personal favorite?  Mineralize SkinFinish Natural by MAC.

(image via maccosmetics.com)

If I'm going to work I like to use as little possible on my eyes.  I never have time to reapply makeup so the easier it is, the better.  Cover Girl makes a great creme based shadow called Smoky Shadow Blast that can help you make a smoky eye.  Except I never use it for that!  I like to use the bronze combination and just use one side of the pencil on my eyes.  It's easy and it doesn't crease halfway through my shift.

 
(image via covergirl.com)

If you have already read my blog on mascara, then you know my favorite is They're Real! Mascara by Benefit.  Great for lengthening, volumizing, and no nasty clumps below your eyes a few hours after application.  I love the way this mascara makes my eyes pop, I don't even use eyeliner on a daily basis!

(image via sephora.com)

No makeup routine is complete without blush.  It makes me look alive when I have to wake up at 5am, and it gives my pale face some color.  My favorite is Blush by NARS.  I use their Orgasm color, which is a pink/peach color with a little gold shimmer.  My pale skin responds well to a peachy color and this one is perfect!

(image via sephora.com)

 Phew!  Almost done!  Now I just finish my look with some color on my lips.  While I change it up by the day, I usually use Lip Gloss by NARS.  My most frequently used colors are Turkish Delight and Chihuahua.  It's really light and doesn't dry out so it's perfect for everyday wear.


(image via sephora.com)

Okay, so there you have it!  It may seem like a lot, but it actually takes me between 5 and 10 minutes to do my makeup routine.  It's really easy, light, and lasts me all day.  What more could I ask for?

xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...